The Niraamaya Retreats Cardamom Club occupies a lofty setting amidst the misty mountains of the Silent Valley in Thekkady, a true oasis away from the bustle of India’s cities.
Set on a cardamom plantation in the midst of tropical rainforest, days at this tranquil resort can be spent taking in the fresh mountain air, practising yoga underneath the forest canopy and indulging in Ayurveda therapies at the acclaimed spa. Accommodation consists of 13 spacious cottages, each of which enjoys a peaceful view over the gardens and mountains. Meals, consisting of tasty and freshly prepared regional cuisine, are served at Café Samsara throughout the day.
When you’re not relaxing by the infinity pool, you can head out and explore the surrounding nature trails, visit a tea factory or enjoy a boat ride on beautiful Periyar Lake. Don’t miss out on a jeep safari in the neighbouring Periyar Tiger Reserve, a chance to catch a glimpse of these beautiful cats – amongst other creatures – roaming freely in their natural habitat.
Niraamaya Retreats Cardamom Club, at a glance
• Secluded resort set on an eight-acre spice plantation in the mountains of Thekkady
• 13 standalone cottages including eight garden-view cottages and five mountain-view cottages
• All feature living rooms, 32-inch flat-screen TVs, private sit outs and climate controls
• The mountain-view cottages, built on stilts, enjoy majestic panoramas and floor-to-ceiling windows
• Cafe Samsara serving global and regional cuisine all day
For leisure and pleasure
• Stunning Niraamaya Spa offering both Western and Ayurveda therapies
• Infinity pool where you can relax and enjoy a wonderful view of the valley and mountains
• Enjoy daily yoga sessions
• Jeep safaris in Periyar Tiger Reserve
• Guided trekking and birdwatching
• Bamboo rafting and boating on Periyar Lake
• Spice walks and plantation visits
• Elephant safaris
• Day trip to Madurai, the ‘City of Temples’
• Take a cooking class to learn authentic regional recipes