Every visitor to India must see and wonder at the Taj Mahal. But just an hour’s drive away lies another wonderful, yet very different place.
Chambal Safari Lodge nestles in the Chambal Valley – just an hour’s drive from the fantastic Taj Mahal. Here you’ll have a very different Indian experience, but one which may prove just as unforgettable, because Chambal will wrap you in a land of local myths and legends. You’ll visit ethereal landscapes peppered with timeless villages and magnificent ancient ruins, temples, colourful markets and street fairs. You’ll be able to explore extensive woodlands, discover rare wildlife and spend quiet hours watching fascinating displays by indigenous birds.
Make Chambal Safari Lodge part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India and you’ll also be able to sink into a deep cushion of warm hospitality and comfort. The Chambal has the stately grace of a classic period, combined with modern and eco-friendly amenities.
Chambal Safari, at a glance
- Tranquil lodge set in acres of natural woodlands, just an hour’s drive from the Taj Mahal
- Choice of 12 room - suites typically feature front and rear verandas and access to the pebbled courtyard
- Period furniture and traditional furnishings
- Beamed ceilings and large French windows
- Rooms are spacious and comfortable
- Family cottages (Neem Serai) have private sit-outs and Indian charpais carpets
- Excellent regional cuisine served in an elegant dining room with arched, beamed ceiling
- Awarded the UN-backed, TOFTigers Eco-Accreditation
For leisure and pleasure
- Blackbuck, Indian striped hyenas, civet, fruit bats, jungle hares and cats
- Over 180 different species of birds
- River safaris along the gentle Chambal River in the company of trained naturalists
- Morning, afternoon and late evening rambles and nature walks
- Cultural village visits to discover the life of rural India
- Explore the ravines of the NCS by camel
- Jeep safaris to remote areas
- Visits to the Bateshwar Temples, Fort Ater and the Sarus Crane Conservation Area