Sarai – or serai – is the ancient Persian for an inn, and toria means a village; but at the Sarai at Toria the similarity to your local on the village green ends at the name.
Make the Sarai at Toria part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India and you’ll find yourself in a rural idyll. You’ll be surrounded by nine acres of lovely, undulating countryside leading to the beautiful River Ken – which flows through a nearby tiger reserve - and a delightful forest.
The inn itself accommodates you in a choice of rustic cottages made largely from local materials and furnished in the regional tradition of elegant simplicity, with verandas and private courtyards. The open lounge gives commanding views towards the tiger reservation.
Sarai at Toria, at a glance
- Eight independent cottages in beautiful grounds, just 30 minutes drive from Khajuraho
- Each has a private bathroom, veranda and courtyard
- Built from local stone, timber mud and thatch
- Luxuriously and stylishly furnished with simple good taste
- Excellent, open dining room with glorious sunset and sunrise views
- Lunches under a shady neem tree
For leisure and pleasure
- Boating and fishing on the Ken River
- Great bird watching, wetlands wildlife and sparkling waterfalls
- Two kilometres from the entrance to Panna Tiger Reserve
- Easy access to the culturally rich sites of the Chandela Rajput period
- 30 minutes from Khajuraho’s 1000 year old temples and World Heritage Site
- Ajaigarh hilltop fort nearby
- Panna town centre easily reached