Extravagant architecture and opulent decor makes The Oberoi Udaivilas of Udaipur worthy of Kings.
With good reason. The Oberoi Udaivilas was conceived as a royal palace and its extravagant architecture definitely reflects all the romance and splendour of some of the great ages of Indian palace building. Not that it is without competition. Udaipur is in the heart of Rajastan – a region famed for its opulent palaces and temples – and the city is a symphony of lakes and icing cake palaces, pavilions and domes. Not to be outdone, you arrive at the Udaivilas by crossing Lake Pichola on a ceremonial boat and, once inside, you find yourself in a world of exquisite frescoes, ornate gilded mirrors, marble floors, soaring white arches and enchanting terraces. Truly, a remarkable place.
The Oberoi Udaivilas, at a glance
- Beautiful lakeside setting with views over the City Palace
- Gorgeous rooms and luxurious suites
- Suites have balconies or terraces with access to semi-private or private swimming pools
- Suites have outdoor dining pavilions
- Choice of classic Indian or 1930s style restaurants, plus courtyard dining
- Great bar with city views
For leisure and pleasure
- Lake view and courtyard swimming pools
- Oberoi Spa with regal spa suites overlooking the lake and City Palace
- State-of-the-art gym and yoga
- Lake picnics on private gondolas
- Tours of the beautiful, 30 acre grounds
- Sight seeing tours of the wonders of the ‘palace city’ of Udaipur