What do you want to do on holiday? Drive a tractor around a local Indian village? Track tigers and one horned rhinos? Meet wild elephants? Teach at a local school?
The Tree of Life Jaagir Lodge certainly believes that diversity is the spice of life. So if you were to journey to Dudhwa National Park as part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India you’d find every day brings a different series of opportunities. Like safaris in a park that offers a resident population of tigers, leopards, Asiatic black bears, sloth bears, swamp deer, rhinoceros, elephants, cheetals, hog deer, barking deer, sambars and wild pigs. Not to mention around 400 bird species.
But as well as studying the wildlife, you’ll gain a unique insight into the local way of life. You can drive a tractor from the farm to the nearby village. You could even visit the local school and give the children a lesson on your favourite subject.
Jaagir Lodge, at a glance
- Luxurious resort set in the middle of the Dudhwa National Park and surrounded by a sugar cane and mustard seed plantations
- Just 50 minutes from the Nepalese border
- Choice of three rooms and three opulent suites in the main lodge or individual villas scattered through five acres of luxuriant gardens
- Rooms have separate bedrooms and living areas and wide verandas – perfect for morning tea
- Suites have space to spare, four poster beds, high ceilings, huge en suite bathrooms and private courtyards or terraces
- Villas offer ultimately stylish bathrooms and vaulted, thatched ceilings
- The Pavilion Restaurant serves European, Indian and classical Lucknow Avadhi cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Safaris to see the tigers, one horned rhino, wild elephants and swamp deer of the Dudhwa National Park
- Expeditions into Kishanpur Wild Life Sanctuary to track tigers, various deer and birds
- Boat safaris through Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary to see gharials and dolphins
- Tractor tours of local villages and teaching opportunities in a nearby school
- Master classes in Indian cuisine in our kitchens