The jaw-dropping views of the surrounding valley and mountains, in particular Annapurna South and Annapurna One, are incomparable.
Built in the style of a traditional Gurung village, the buildings of the cosy and comfortable Gurung Lodge (a Kerr & Downey lodge at 4,620 ft) sit in extensive gardens on the edge of the village of Majgaon.
The lodge has 11 simply appointed en suite rooms housed in tribal style houses, each with antique carved windows. There is also a centrally located dining area and bar with a large open fireplace around which guests congregate. Walks in the surrounding countryside provide superb photographic opportunities, and fascinating visits to local Gurung village houses may be arranged.
Gurung Lodge, at a glance
- One of the best lodges in the Annapurna Region offering excellent service
- Spectacular views of the surrounding countryside
- 11 neat rooms all with en-suite bathrooms depicting a typical Gurung house
- Dining room, serving delicious food, and bar with a large open fireplace
- Manicured gardens to relax and enjoy the view
For leisure and pleasure
- Gardens for relaxing and admiring the views
- Wide range of trekking and hiking programmes, including expeditions led by professional Gurkah guides
- The lodge provide a private guide and sherpa who will carry your bags
- Thoughtful details like hot water bottles
- Visit the villages of Majgaun and Gurung