Situated on a promontory overlooking the Modi River just north of the scenic village of Birethanti, the Sanctuary Lodge (a Kerr & Downey lodge at 3,600 ft) has half a mile of river frontage, dramatic views of Machapuchare – the sacred ‘Fishtail’ mountain, and beautifully landscaped gardens.
The lodge offers an unusually high degree of style and comfort. Hand-built by local craftsmen, the lodge accommodates just 18 guests in spacious and comfortable en suite rooms. There is also a central lounge / dining area with a library. Excursions can be made to the school at Birethanti and to watch colourful mule trains cross the suspension bridge over the Modi Khola. The nearby subtropical forests are excellent for botanical and bird watching expeditions.
Sanctuary Lodge, at a glance
- The best lodges in the Annapurna Region offering excellent service and food
- Located in four locations, each about 4-5 hours from each other
- Every room in each lodge has an en-suite bathroom with hot running water
- The lodges provide a private guide and sherpa who will carry your bags
- All meals are included, and a happy hour each evening offering house drinks