Occupying a 100-year-old Newari townhouse, The Inn Patan lies at the heart of medieval Patan, mere minutes away from the UNESCO-listed Durbar Square.
Immaculately converted into a boutique hotel by a world-renowned conservation architect, The Inn Patan maintains its rich Newari heritage whilst incorporating modern touches. Crisp white walls, exposed timber beams and dark wood furnishings feature throughout, alongside traditional floor-to-ceiling shutters that, when folded back, fill the interiors with natural light. Built around a private courtyard, the 10 guestrooms come individually decorated with table lamps, low armchairs and inviting window seats.
Set away from the hustle and bustle, this characterful property invites guests to fully immerse themselves in the delights of this secret corner of the Kathmandu Valley, from its thriving handicrafts scene to its spectacular Durbar Square - home to Nepal’s most exquisite collection of palaces and temples. Back at the hotel, guests are treated to a selection of delicious Nepali dishes which can be enjoyed in the delightful central courtyard.
The Inn Patan, at a glance
- Simple heritage hotel situated close to Patan Durbar Square in the south of Kathmandu
- Restored from a traditional red brick and timber Newari house by conservation architect Rohit Ranjitkar
- Inviting, homely atmosphere
- Traditional Newari design featuring white walls, carved woodwork and terracotta tiles
- Choice of 10 individually designed rooms and suites with plush double beds and cosy seating areas
- Black-slated bathrooms with brass basins handmade by local metal workers
- Restaurant and bar serving traditional Nepali dishes prepared using fresh local ingredients
For leisure and pleasure
- Private courtyard terrace for socialising and evening events
- Coffee bar and home brewery
- A two-minute walk from Patan Durbar Square, the hotel is perfectly positioned for exploring the Buddhist temples, workshops and markets
- Within easy reach of the various attractions of the Kathmandu Valley
- 30-minute drive from the international airport