A short distance from the elephant-filled national park of Udawalawe, the comfortable Centauria Wild offers its guests an authentic taste of Sri Lanka’s enchanting natural landscape.
Framed by lush hills adjacent to a sparkling lake in Udawalawe, Centauria Wild is immersed in nature. The elegantly appointed rooms and suites - including dedicated family units - are all air-conditioned and come equipped with private bathrooms and balconies with scenic views. Whilst here, you’ll dine on a variety of dishes at the restaurant showcasing the best of raw local ingredients, including the freshest seafood. As well as an inviting lounge bar, the facilities include an Ayurvedic spa, steam room, sauna and gym.
The hotel’s location makes for easy excursions into the wildlife sanctuary of Udawalawe National Park, home to wild Sri Lankan elephants, buffalo, sambar deer and wild boar who congregate around the Udawalawe reservoir. Just slightly further afield lies the Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home where you can see the orphaned elephants, later released back into the wild, at feeding time. Trips to the relaxing Madunagala hot springs, the Sevangala Sugar Factory and Yala National Park - just an hours’ drive away – are also available.
Centauria Wild, at a glance
- Elegant hotel framed by verdant hills on the edge of Udawalawe National Park
- Tranquil lakeside location
- Comfortable and elegantly appointed rooms ranging from Deluxe Rooms and Suites to Family Rooms and the sophisticated Presidential Suite
- All have balconies overlooking the lush landscape, flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and private bathrooms with bathtubs
- A polite, well-trained team of staff to look after you during your stay
- Restaurant serving a varied menu based on high-quality local ingredients
- Large and inviting lounge bar with an extensive wine and drinks list
For leisure and pleasure
- Set out on guided safaris to see the beautiful Sri Lankan elephants of Udawalawe National Park
- Visit the orphaned elephants at the Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home
- Spa and wellness centre offering Ayurvedic treatments and massages
- Wellness facilities also include a sauna, steam room and gym
- Just over an hours’ drive from the wildlife haven of Yala National Park
- Enjoy a boat ride out on the lake
- Go cycling through the lush surrounding landscape
- Relax between activities by the outdoor pool