Gourmet cuisine, butler service and an enchanting location amidst Sri Lanka’s rolling tea fields combine at this century-old bungalow on the Concordia Estate.
Formerly the estate manager’s bungalow, Goatfell today is still steeped in the charm of a bygone era. Perched 2,000-metres above sea level on the fringes of Kandapola, this luxurious four-room boutique offers an intimate base from which to immerse yourself in the delights of the hill country. Stylish furnishings include dark-wood four poster beds, plush armchairs, writing desks and spacious bathrooms with deep soaking tubs. Plus, private gardens and a terrace overlooking the estate.
Aside from admiring the views alongside complimentary afternoon tea, you can enjoy a guided tour around the local tea factory, wander the Hakgala Botanical Gardens, swim in refreshing waterfalls or cool off in the property’s own beautiful infinity pool. The charming colonial-era hill station of Nuwara Eliya is just a 25-minute drive away, whilst the surrounding hills are a joy to explore on foot with spectacular views awaiting at every corner.
Goatfell, at a glance
- Century-old, colonial-era boutique hotel set on the working Concordia tea estate in Kandapola
- Perched some 2,000 metres above sea level
- Attentive butler service
- Four tastefully appointed and individually designed bedrooms with garden verandas
- White-tiled ensuite bathrooms with bathtubs
- Exquisite views of the surrounding tea-covered hills
- Feast on gourmet breakfasts, tasty ‘planter’s lunches’ and delicious a la carte dinners served in The Dining Room or alfresco on the terrace or in the garden
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy sundowners in the lounge or around the fire pit
- Large garden and croquet lawn
- Cooling infinity swimming pool and veranda with breathtaking views
- Cosy log-fired sitting room
- Learn the ins-and-outs of the tea production process with a visit to Finlay’s Tea Factory
- Discover the attractions of nearby hill station Nuawa Eliya
- Summit Tothupola Kanda or Adam’s Peak
- Enjoy picnics in picturesque locations
- Visit the Hakgala Botanical Gardens or Horton Plains
- Follow numerous scenic trails leading to pretty viewpoints and waterfalls