If you believe a holiday is about seeing astonishing sights, watching wildlife and understanding local cultures, then Vil Uyana at Sigiriya is your destination.
Vil Uyana is perfectly positioned to offer you supreme wildlife viewing in a number of different eco-systems, combined with tours of the Cultural Triangle. Deliberately so – because this luxury eco-hotel sits beside a specially created, man-made lake. Paddy fields, wetlands, forest and lakeside environments merge together to bring you great biodiversity. By day you take wildlife safaris; after dark you watch resident loris hunting amongst the trees.
And then, of course, there are the huge temples, stupas and impassive statues of the Cultural Triangle. Stay at Vil Uyana during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sri Lanka and Sigiriya’s soaring rock fortress will be on your doorstep. Climb to the summit, past hand-painted frescoes and polished rock mirrors and you’ll be rewarded with an ancient palace and horizon-wide panoramic views.
Jetwing Vil Uyana, at a glance
- Modern lifestyle hotel in a private nature reserve
- Easy access to some of Sri Lanka’s most amazing cultural sites
- Choice of 36 garden, marsh, paddy field, forest and water villas
- Thatched roofs and rustic construction, combined with 21st century amenities and luxurious en suite bathrooms
- Individual villas vary in features; some marsh villas have their own pools, paddy villas stand on stilts and are reached by private raised walkways
- All have superb views over different aspects of the surrounding countryside from balconies or terraces
- Fine dining restaurant, treehouse dining, feasting beneath the stars plus the Graffiti Bar for some classic cocktails
For leisure and pleasure
- Plunge pool and elegant spa designed to be at one with nature and the surrounding countryside
- Aromatherapy, massage, naturopathy and Ayurvedic treatments • Well-equipped gym and fitness centre and shared pool
- Excursions into biodiverse habitats and visits to traditional local villages
- Bicycle tours
- First class base for visiting Sigiriya’s astonishing rock fortress and the extraordinary temples, stupas and monuments of the Cultural Triangle
- Wildlife watching safaris and night watches to see the mystical loris