An immaculate beach just a few steps from your room. A pool set in tropical gardens. Sri Lanka’s southern sightseeing, wildlife and cultural highlights on your doorstep.
With its sublimely relaxed atmosphere and beachfront setting, The Last House should be among the first hotels you consider for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sri Lanka. One of the last properties designed by renowned Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa, the aptly named Last House blurs the boundaries between indoor and outdoor spaces. Fresh white walls contrast with the colourful furnishings, whilst the windows overlook beautiful lagoon or sea views.
The hotel has four ensuite bedrooms (including one two-bedroom suite), but can also be booked exclusively as a villa sleeping up to 12 guests. Tasty Asian fusion and classic Sri Lankan dishes are served in the open-air dining room, whilst the central courtyard frames a lovely emerald pool. Just outside your room lies one of Sri Lanka’s most unspoilt beaches, Mawella, and a little further afield a plethora of wildlife and cultural attractions. Excursions to Galle’s mighty coral and rock fort, whale watching and safaris within the celebrated Yala National Park await.
The Last House, at a glance
- Peaceful and secluded boutique hotel set on a wide sandy bay
- Located a few miles south of the laidback fishing town of Tangalle
- White-washed walls accentuated by gaily-painted shutters, antique furniture and polished floors
- Ensuite bathrooms with chic décor
- Parties can reserve the whole house, whilst families may prefer the Cinnamon Hill Suite with its two bedrooms
- Tremendous beach and sea vistas, or tranquil views over the lagoon and visiting wildlife
- Restaurant serving international and Sri Lankan specialities, with an emphasis on fresh seafood
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool surrounded by a delightful tropical garden
- Unspoilt Mawella Beach is but a few steps away
- Beach games, surfing and bodyboarding
- Fishing and snorkelling expeditions
- Croquet and badminton on the grassy lawn
- Tours arranged to a wide variety of wildlife, cultural and heritage destinations strung out along Sri Lanka’s beautiful south coast
- Safaris to Yala and Udawalawe National Parks
- Excursions to Mulkirigala Caves with its rock-carved temple and monastery