Wander, barefoot and clad in a sarong, around the Devales Shrines and the inner recesses of the fabulous Temple of the Tooth. Stand by the shoulder of an impassive Buddha high on a hillside overlooking Kandy. Gaze in wonder at the Hindu temple on Peradeniya Road. Lose yourself in the immensity of the Botanical Gardens. Amidst the bustle, hustle, sarong sellers and cake shops of Kandy you will find moments of absolute stillness.
But put The Kandy House on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sri Lanka and you will discover another kind of sensation. You’ll be able to relax in an ancestral manor house with arched verandas, antique furnishings and modern refinements. Not to mention food that skilfully includes traditional ten-dish curries and international fusion dishes.
The Kandy House, at a glance
- Luxury boutique hotel set in lush tropical gardens
- Within easy reach of the bustling city of Kandy
- Just nine exquisite rooms within an original, Kandyan nobleman’s home
- Ultra rooms feature wide verandas, luxury bathrooms and separate showers, king-size four poster beds and enchanting views
- Deluxe rooms have huge, four poster beds, stylish bathrooms and private verandas or access to the inner courtyard
- Restaurant serving the best of Sri Lankan cuisine, fused with modern international dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Stunning infinity pool overlooking tiered rice paddies
- Spa offering a range of original ayurvedic treatments and restorative rituals
- Excursions into Kandy to visit the sacred lake, the Temple of the Tooth, the Devales Shrines, Udawattakelle Sanctuary and Peradeniya’s astonishing Botanical Gardens
- Tours to nearby tea plantations and historic factories
- Pinnawella elephant orphanage
- Trips to Dambulla temples and Sigiriya fortress
Honeymoon & free gift offer
- Stay 3 nights or more on honeymoon and enjoy 5 free gifts: champagne; a candlelit dinner for two; aromatherapy; cocktails; and more.
- Or, guests can enjoy free gifts for stays of 3 nights or longer: cocktails; complementary lunch for two at the Empire Café; head massages; and more.
- Stay 2 nights and receive a 10% discount on all spa treatments.
- All offers valid until 30th November 2016.