The Wallawwa is a lovingly restored colonial manor house and although close to Sri Lanka’s Bandaranaike International Airport, it is a luxury oasis of beautiful calm and peaceful serenity.
Prepare to be bewitched and astonished by the energy, the pace, the noise and the dizzying traffic of Colombo’s streets. Then, for the hell of it, try turning the volume up past 10, by wandering into the main market. The word pandemonium simply isn’t strong enough.
But make The Wallawwa part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sri Lanka and you’ll be able to experience it all – and then retire into a world of peace, cool interiors, an inviting swimming pool and quietly spoken, obliging staff. It may be minutes from the airport, and within easy reach of Sri Lanka’s largest city, but this boutique hotel has more in common with the serenity of a temple, echo-ing the gently welcoming nature of the local people.
The Wallawwa, at a glance
- Superbly appointed, boutique hotel with a tranquil atmosphere and beautiful gardens
- 15 minutes from Bandaranaike International Airport and under an hour from Colombo
- Choice of 18 Garden or Mountbatten suites, guestrooms and family suites
- Typically featuring Balinese four poster beds and excellent en suites
- 24 hour butler service
- Asian fusion food served on the veranda overlooking the gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Set within an old colonial mansion
- Renowned beach within easy reach
- Very inviting outdoor swimming pool
- Z Spa offering treatments, scrubs, wraps and massages, plus beauty treatments
- Great access to Galle, Dambulla and Kandy highways making it an excellent base for touring Sri Lank’s most prominent and sacred cities, as well as the ‘Cultural Triangle’