Surrounded by pretty lakes and grasslands in the heart of the Cultural Triangle, Water Garden Sigiriya is a charming boutique hotel with outstanding views of the mighty Sigiriya Rock.
Just as the name suggests, the hotel draws its inspiration from the 2,000-year-old water garden located at this ancient rock fortress. Water Garden Sigiriya sits a mere 6km from this historic site, as well as being conveniently close to other Cultural Triangle attractions including the cave temples of Dambulla and the ancient cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa. In addition to guided tours to these sites, the resort offers guests a range of on-site activities that feature archery, cycling and Sri Lankan cooking demonstrations.
The 30 villas are set in and among the lush gardens, pools and waterways, with scenic views at every turn. Each is an airy, spacious haven fitted with a canopy king bed, rainforest shower and soaking tub. For extra indulgence, opt for one of the villas with a private plunge pool and accompanying sundeck – the ultimate spot to relax and soak in uninterrupted views of Sigiriya Rock.
The restaurant serves fresh, organic cuisine inspired by local dishes. You can choose to dine in the sleek dining room or alfresco amidst the tropical countryside. Other facilities include a wonderfully serene spa where you can indulge in superb Balinese massages.
Water Garden Sigiriya, at a glance
• A serene boutique hotel surrounded by waterways and tropical gardens
• Perfect base for exploring the treasures of the Cultural Triangle
• Incredible views of the imposing Sigiriya Rock
• 30 large air-conditioned villas with white linens, king beds, spa baths, rainforest showers and neutral tones
• 18 villas feature private plunge pools and sundecks
• Amenities include satellite TVs, Wi-Fi, safes, tea/coffee facilities and plush bathrobes/slippers
• Fully stocked two-tiered bar, terrace and cocktail lounge with panoramic views
• Restaurant serving fresh, organic cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Dine indoors or alfresco in the tropical gardens
• Dedicated butler service
For leisure and pleasure
• Conveniently close to the ancient cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, as well as the wondrous cave temples of Dambulla
• Guided tours of the mighty rock fortress of Sigiriya, the Cultural Triangle’s premier attraction
• Serene spa offering world-renowned Balinese massages and other indulgent treatments
• Enjoy cycling, croquet, cooking demonstrations and archery all on-site
• Take a jeep safari through Minneriya National Park
• Nature walks around the property and village
• Cool off in the outdoor swimming pool
• Well-equipped fitness centre
• Helicopter tours of the surrounding countryside