Set in a series of restored Georgian townhouses and instilled with Irish history, The Merrion offers an incredibly luxurious base at the heart of Dublin’s city centre.
Oozing old-world elegance, the genteel rooms and suites come beautifully appointed in neutral shades and vintage furnishings. The interiors throughout have a comfortable, welcoming feel aided by plenty of plush patterned couches and open log fires. Walls are adorned with European art, including pieces by Robert Ballagh and Roderic O’Conor, whilst the two sumptuous gardens are 18th century inspired with their neatly trimmed box hedges, fountains and meandering pathways.
Alongside impeccable service from the staff, the dining options at The Merrion are outstanding. Choose from modern Irish cuisine at The Garden Room, gastro-pub fare at The Cellar Bar (housed in the original 18th century wine vaults) and the formal Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud - Ireland’s first two-Michelin starred restaurant. For drinks, there’s the intimate cocktail bar, No. 23, whilst The Merrion also boasts the city’s most delectable Afternoon Tea which it serves in its graceful drawing room. After a day of sightseeing, you can make the most of the award-winning downstairs spa and 18 metre pool.
The Merrion Hotel, at a glance
• Luxury hotel spread across four Georgian townhouses in Dublin’s city centre
• High ceilings, large windows and walls adorned with an impressive collection of European artwork
• 142 rooms decorated in Irish Georgian style with neutral colours and colonial-style furnishings
• Amenities include 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens and Asprey toiletries
• Superb selection of restaurants and bars, including the Michelin-starred Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud
• Member of the Leading Hotels of the World with impeccable high-end service
For leisure and pleasure
• Award-winning high tea served in the elegant Drawing Rooms
• Two beautiful Georgian-style gardens to wander
• Cocktail bar set in the hotel’s original 18th century wine vaults
• Underground spa with a steam room, sauna and private treatment rooms
• Fully equipped gym
• 18 metre indoor swimming pool
• A short walk from Dublin’s top sights, galleries, museums and shopping hotspots