Located at the heart of New Zealand’s beautifully wild Southern Alps and accessible only by helicopter, Minaret Station offers a premier Alpine experience.
New Zealand’s South Island is the ultimate outdoor playground. It’s an area rich in beauty and jaw-dropping landscapes, with scenery that ranges from lush forests to sparkling lakes and monumental fjords. The opportunity for adventure is limitless, and there are few properties more geared towards actively exploring the region than Minaret Station.
Shrouded by mountains in a stunning glacial valley, Minaret Station has just four luxury tented chalets, each of which have their own unique alpine views. Every chalet features a comfortable king-sized bed, en-suite bathroom, sheepskin carpets and its own private deck and hot tub – the perfect spot to relax beneath the stars.
The team at Minaret Station are passionate about delivering memorable experiences, and are particularly known for their exciting range of Heli-adventures. With experienced guides and access to a fleet of modern, powerful helicopters, guests get to experience otherwise inaccessible corners of the Southern Alps with scenic flights, heli-skiing and more.
Minaret Station, at a glance
- New Zealand’s first luxury alpine lodge in the Southern Alps
- 50,000-acre property perched on the shores of Lake Wanaka
- Four tented chalets with king size beds, spacious en-suite bathrooms and heated floors
- Private decking with a hot tub in each lodge
- Mountain kitchen lodge with fireplace, seating areas, library and dining table
- Restaurant serving a fusion of modern European and Asian cuisine, plus a range of award-winning and local wines
- Surrounded by a working farm home to 10,000 deer, 7,000 sheep and 1,000 cattle
For leisure and pleasure
- Choose from a range of heli-adventures featuring scenic flights, heli-biking and heli-skiing
- Picturesque alpine picnics
- Excursions in the World Heritage-listed Fiordland National Park
- Jet boating up glacier fed rivers in Mount Aspiring National Park
- Mountain biking, guided hunting and fly-fishing
- Leisurely hikes to nearby waterfalls
- Spotting for wild game