If traditional handmade wines, world-class Mediterranean cuisine, luxurious lodgings and a glorious natural setting appeals to you, then consider a stay at the beautiful Paroa Bay Winery.
Looking out across Paroa Bay in New Zealand’s stunning Bay of Islands, this luxuriously appointed boutique winery is an exclusive retreat. Nestled amid rolling hills, the property boasts 4.5 acres of vineyards and is known for its traditional viticulture techniques and handcrafted wines. These wines are paired with authentic Mediterranean cuisine at the Sage Restaurant, where meals showcase fresh ingredients from the surrounding region.
When it comes to accommodation, there are just two options. Tarapunga is a luxurious villa-style residence nestled amongst acres of gardens and fitted with a home theatre, gourmet kitchen and infinity pool. Alternatively, you can opt for the cosy two-bedroom Vineyard cottage which has a private pool, hot tub, sauna and BBQ. Both have access to a secluded beach where you can swim, fish, dive and take whale and dolphin watching cruises. From Paroa Bay it’s just a short distance to the well-known seaside village of Russell, a charming place to explore with its historic buildings.
Paroa Bay Winery, at a glance
• Family-owned boutique winery just 15 minutes from Russell in the Bay of Islands
• Nestled amid 24 hectares of rolling hills overlooking Paroa Bay
• Two accommodation options including Tarapunga and the Vineyard Cottage
• Tarapunga is a contemporary residence for six with a home theatre, gym, heated infinity pool, sauna and tennis courts
• The cosy two-bedroom Vineyard Cottage has an open fireplace in the main lounge, as well as a private swimming pool, hot tub and sauna
• Both have contemporary interiors and artwork
• Daily housekeeping, Wi-Fi, Apple TV and Netflix
• Sage Restaurant serves modern Mediterranean cuisine paired with local wines
For leisure and pleasure
• 4.5 hectares of planted vines including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec and Merlot
• Tennis and badminton courts
• Golf putting and driving ranges
• Access to a secluded beach
• Swimming, fishing and diving opportunities
• Dolphin and whale watching cruises
• Enjoy vineyard tours and wine tasting sessions
• Explore scenic walking trails
• Horseback riding