This beautifully decorated boutique property lies just a few short miles from the Valley of the Kings, in peaceful isolation on the West Bank of the Nile.
Choose to stay at the Al Moudira on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Egypt and you’ll be welcomed by arcaded courtyards and colourful gardens, cooling water fountains and traditional architecture influenced by owner Zeina’s world travels. The hotel itself lies just outside a local village, giving guests a snapshot into rural Egyptian life.
The 54 rooms and suites are extremely spacious, with exquisite décor inspired by Egyptian history and eclectic Middle Eastern furnishings - including antiques sourced from souks all over the Arab world. Some rooms open onto a flowered patio, and others directly onto the magnificent gardens.
There is a choice of informal al fresco daytime dining in the poolside Pavilion, or dinner served in the exotic Great Room where the cuisine blends European, Mediterranean and Eastern flavours. Other amenities include two delightful bars, a charming landscaped swimming pool with solarium, Turkish baths and a massage room - perfect for relaxation after a long day exploring the ancient sites of Luxor and the West Bank.
Al Moudira Hotel, at a glance
- Exquisitely appointed boutique hotel set in an eight-hectare garden on the West Bank of the Nile
- Treasure trove of furniture, artefacts and art sourced by the owner from souks, antiques markets and second hand shops across the Arab world
- Fusion of North African and French architecture
- 54 enormous, air-conditioned rooms and suites with high ceilings and traditional designs
- Dine on a blend of European, Mediterranean and Eastern cuisine in the expansive Great Room
- Laidback al fresco dining in the poolside Pavilion
- Two bars, including the warm and friendly Colonial Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Relaxed pool area and sundeck
- Two Turkish baths lined in cool white marble
- Massage room and solarium
- Shady patios and cooling fountains
- Oasis of lush scented gardens surrounded by the desert
- Just four kilometres from the Valley of the Kings
- Activities include adventure trips in the desert on bicycles, horses, donkeys or camels
- Browse the hotel’s art gallery which showcases various paintings, sculptures and ceramics