Kasr Ibrim is the only ancient Nubian monument not to have been displaced by time – and the rising waters of Lake Nassau created by the building of the Aswan Dam. Over the centuries this formidable citadel has been transformed to meet the needs of each successive generation of occupants. In a similar way, its namesake MS Kasr Ibrim was created to satisfy the needs of today’s visitors to the citadel. So, once on board this graceful white cruiser, you can expect to be transported to a succession of inspiring historic sites in luxury.
During the day you can laze in the sun beside an inviting pool decorated with historically-themed mosaics, or choose to go ashore by lighter to stand before the huge and impassive statues of Abu Simbel, visit breath-taking Philae or wander around the atmospheric temples and tombs of the ancient Egyptians that are scattered around the banks of Lake Nasser. And in the late afternoon you return to M.S. Kasr Ibrim for an evening of fine dining and celebration beneath the soft night sky. Interesting to think that if you look up at the stars you’ll be appreciating the same view of the heavens that once captivated the Pharaohs.
MS Kasr Ibrim, at a glance
- Grand white cruise ship named after the famous Nubian citadel
- Choice of extremely luxurious cabins and staterooms
- Glamorous en suite bathrooms and contemporary furnishings
- Mosaic-lined swimming pool and expansive sun deck
- Balconies running around the upper decks
- Shaded observation and photography deck
- Sauna and steam room
- Fitness centre with the latest exercise apparatus
- Fully air conditioned with state-of-the-art water filtration
- Daily shore excursions with experienced guides
- Visiting Lake Nasser’s most important historic monuments
Where will MS Kasr Ibrim take you?
- 3 nights/4 days Abu Simbel to Aswan
- The same itinerary operates in reverse Aswan to Abu Simbel 4 nights/5 days