In the 1920s and 1930s – the era upon which the Sanctuary MS Sun Boat III has been modelled – travel was an altogether more personal, more elegant experience. Visiting exotic climes and discovering places like the Land of the Pharaohs, was the preserve of the affluent. That, of course, has changed. But Sun Boat III has retained much of the style and discreet elegance of that era; in her lines, her designer décor and the air of exclusivity aboard. Her comparatively small size means you will receive personal attention, whether you are exploring the timeless valley of the Kings or wandering – lost in wonder – through the ranks of columns in the Temple of Karnak with an experienced Egyptologist…or being served local Egyptian specialities by a liveried waiter in the Sun Boat’s Copper Tray Restaurant.
So there is something to look forward to at every moment of an intense, seven night cruise aboard Sun Boat III. After – say - learning about the importance to the ancient Egyptians of the crocodile god Sobek, in the Temple of Kom Ombo, you can anticipate sundowners in Sun Boat’s Sahara Lounge, followed by a sumptuous dinner, a hilarious galabeya party and, eventually collapsing on a four poster bed clad in Egyptian cotton.
Sanctuary MS Sun Boat III
- Modern cruise yacht inspired the by 1920 and 1930s age of elegance
- Choice of just 18 cabins and suites, 14 luxury cabins, two Royal and two Presidential Suites
- Many featuring four poster beds
- All have striking shuttered windows and great river views
- Stylish en suite bathrooms with baths and showers
- Individual air conditioning and satellite TV
- Swimming pool and Cleopatra’s Oasis sun deck
- Sahara Lounge and H. Carter Bar
- Cuisine includes local specialities as well as international dishes
- Qualified and extremely knowledgeable Egyptologists accompany your on-shore tours
- Galabeya parties, whirling dervishes and belly dancing
Where will Sanctuary Sun Boat III take you?
- 7 night cruise: Aswan - Luxor, option to travel downstream or upstream
- 4 night cruise: depart Luxor and travel upstream
- 3 night cruise: depart Aswan and travel downstream