The Steinberger Omar El Khayam is so imperious, so stately that it seems she is bringing the ancient wonders of Egypt to you, rather than the other way round.
Stand by the rail overlooking the river and the passing countryside. Egypt will flow past you in a continuous parade. Picturesque feluccas ply the waters of Africa’s greatest river, as they have done for thousands of years. The fertile fields of the flood plain stretch away as far as the eye can see. Date palms line the shore, groups of old men in white galabeyas lounging in their shade. Great temples approach, their massive statues gazing down inscrutably from their mighty carved plinths. Ancient kings seated on gigantic thrones stare impassively out over the vast, sparkling waters of a man-made lake. Were they sentient beings, they themselves would marvel at the implacable progress of your great, white cruise ship.
You will sail from Aswan, with its mighty, modern day dam, to the ancient world of Abu Simbel. And along the way you’ll take in the wonders of Wadi Elsebou and Kalabasha Temple, the temples of Wadi El Seboua and Amada and, of course, Abu Simbel itself.
Steinberger Omar El Khayam, at a glance
- Statuesque, five star, modern deluxe cruise ship
- Choice of 80 guest rooms, including 68 cabins, eight grand suites and four royal suites arranged over four decks
- All lavishly appointed with air conditioning and state-of-the-art entertainment systems
- Private balconies overlooking the Nile
- Sliding windows giving panoramic views over the passing countryside
- Generous en suite bathrooms
- Large sun deck with swimming pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar
- Health club with high-tech fitness studio, Jacuzzi and individual massage rooms
- Single-sitting dining in an impressive gourmet restaurant
- Bashawat and Mamlouk lounge bars
- Large choice of shore excursions with expert guides
Where will Steinberger Omar El Khayam take you?
- Aswan - Abu Simbel - Aswan: 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Aswan - Abu Simbel: 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Abu Simbel - Aswan: 3 Nights / 5 Days