With its wonderful cuisine and its preeminent position at the very gates of the ancient city of Petra, the Mövenpick Hotel is a destination in its own right.
First things first. If you’re a connoisseur of fine food, you should definitely include the Mövenpick Hotel in your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Jordan. It offers cuisine to please palates that can stretch from appreciating classic Mediterranean cuisine, to revelling in regional specialities cooked with flair and authenticity.
The Mövenpick is also a prime destination if you also derive a sense of history from wandering amidst the fabric of the past. It’s the closest resort hotel to the fabled, Rose-Red City, standing as it does at the gates of Petra. So it’s the perfect base for exploring one of the wonders of the world - a vast city carved by the Nabataeans into the sheer rock face of a red mountain, over two thousand years ago.
Mövenpick Hotel, at a glance
- Very luxurious resort hotel set at the entrance of Petra
- Choice of 183 gorgeous rooms and suites
- Newly renovated with Eastern flair – including natural stone, handcrafted wood, regional textiles and sumptuous fabrics
- Many rooms give picture postcard views over the Great Rift Valley
- Seven different dining and entertainment options, including roof garden restaurants and elegant lounges – serving local and Mediterranean specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Splendid outdoor swimming pool with restaurant
- Five star spa and wellness facilities including a fully equipped gym and steam room
- Family-friendly ‘Fun Factory’
- Library with fascinating Petra insights
- Direct access to the Siq Gorge and Petra’s Treasury, elaborately carved tombs, Roman-style amphitheatre, the Ad-Deir Monastery, archaeological museums, sultan’s shrine and shops selling
- Bedouin and Wadi Musa artefacts