Walk through the winding alleyways of Marrakech’s medina and you will think you’re on a movie set for a remake of Ali Baba. Swirling around you are the fragrances of the East - frankincense and roses – and the noise of street musicians and market stall holders, camels and monkeys, boys and old women haggling for bargains. On either side of you are tiny shops selling everything from tin lamps to fresh figs, and workshops where craftsmen work cross-legged on the floor.
Then you arrive at Riad 12 and your world becomes one of cool peace, gracious arches, shaded terraces and an inviting swimming pool. The décor is contemporary chic, with echoes of the colour and vibrancy of the life outside.
Riad 12, at a glance
- Central Marrakech setting within strolling distance of mosques, the main square, shops and medina
- Private hotel accommodating just four to six guests at a time
- Double rooms with en suites
- Contemporary design with traditional influences
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool
- Perfect base for exploring Marrakech
- Oasis of calm in a busy city
- Rooftop terrace for photography, listening to the muezzin or star gazing