If you really want to connect with Oman’s past, stay in a true mountain retreatl; parts of which are up to 270 million years old.
If you’re interested in discovering the real nature – and the true character – of the country you should make sure that the Sahab Hotel is part of the itinerary for your bespoke holiday to Oman. The comfortable Sahab Hotel will give you an immediate introduction to the hospitable welcome and the careful attention to detail that is a part of the Omani make-up, but what makes this hotel different is its foundation in the bedrock of the country.
It nestles amongst magnificent, timeless mountains, giving breathtaking views and simply astounding sunsets. It has very pretty gardens featuring local flora. And it is also built around a collection of marine fossils that date back 270 million years. Why are sea creatures found so high in the mountains? Sahab has the answer!
Sahab Hotel, at a glance
- Boutique mountain-side hotel that is at one with nature and the surrounding mountains
- Choice of 27 graceful guest rooms, family apartments and VIP suites
- Surrounded by 5000 sq m gardens featuring native plants
- Private terraces or balconies to many rooms
- Fantastic mountain or fossil garden views
- King-sized beds and en suite bathrooms or showers
- Air conditioning and free WiFi
- Restaurant serving regional and international cuisine, plus a café overlooking the canyon
For leisure and pleasure
- Sensational swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Explore a fossil record dating back millions of years
- Wonderful, light pollution-free star gazing
- Discover the luxuriant natural flora of Jabal Al-Akhdar
- Walk through ancient olive and juniper woodlands
- Donkey safaris, trekking and caving
- Rose and pomegranate farming and goat herding experiences