Set in the middle of Banff National Park, the Post Hotel is the consummate, year-round destination. Perfect for keen skiers, dedicated hikers…and collectors of sublime scenery.
In the summer, the Canadian Rockies appear before you in a seemingly never-ending series of peaks and gorges, great vistas covered in the green of fir trees and divided by surging, crystal clear rivers. Perfect for mountain hiking, white water rafting, rock climbing and horse riding. If you’re feeling less adventurous there’s fishing and no less than four impressive golf courses within easy reach of the Post Hotel.
In winter the park is transformed by a cloak of white. Perfect for downhill and cross country skiing, dog sledding, riding on sleighs, snowshoe tours, ice skating and snowmobiling. You can even go heli-skiing. So, whatever time of the year you’re taking a luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada, make sure you include the Post Hotel, in Banff National Park.
Post Hotel, at a glance
- Splendid winter and summer resort hotel, founded in the 1940s
- Enviable position in the heart of Banff National Park
- Choice of guest rooms and suites, family lodgings and private cabins
- Guest rooms offer one or two double beds with en suite bathrooms, and superb views
- Suites can have up to three beds, two bathrooms and a lounge arranged over two floors
- Cabins typically feature king-size beds, full en suites with whirlpool tubs and showers and lounge areas with fireplaces
- Family-friendly lodgings available in many suites, Pipestone Cabin and Watson House
- Dining experiences include the Sir Norman Lounge, The Outpost and a cosy fondue room – complemented by an excellent wine cellar
For leisure and pleasure
- Roman-style indoor, saltwater swimming pool
- Temple Mountain Spa offering health, wellness, beauty and pampering treatments, massages and therapies
- Fitness centre with a range of cardio and strength-training machines
- Winter sports like skiing and heli-skiing, ice skating, dog sledding, sleigh rides and snowshoe tours
- Summer activities include guided hiking, walking, rock climbing, white water rafting horse riding and cycling