If only the walls could talk – you’d hear enthralling stories of the wild Yukon from over 100 years ago, from explorers, trappers, gold prospectors and claim jumpers.
Choose the Emerald Lake Lodge during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada and you won’t just be staying beside a gem of a lake in a British Columbian wilderness setting – you’ll be experiencing part of Canada’s colourful past. Emerald Lake Lodge is cast in the traditional mould of backwoods cabins. Built from hand-hewn timber, the lodge features massive stone fireplaces – many over a century old – traditional verandas and porches and an oak bar in the lounge that was reclaimed from a genuine 1890s Yukon saloon.
That is not to say, of course, that the lodge doesn’t have modern refinements. There’s a fitness room, a dry sauna and a state-of-the-art outdoor hot tub for soaking and admiring the awesome mountain views. Not to mention award-winning cuisine and supremely comfortable accommodation.
Emerald Lake Lodge, at a glance
- Historic lodge nestling beside Emerald Lake, in the heart of Yoho National Park
- Choice of spacious rooms and suites in 24 rustic-style cabins scattered around a 13-acre peninsula
- Rooms typically feature king and queen-size double beds, sitting areas with their own fireplaces, en suite bathrooms and private balconies with outstanding views
- Suites mainly offer one bedroom or studio-style accommodation, with wrap around balconies and stunning lake views
- Point Cabin is very spacious with a private dining area and gorgeous lake views
- Irresistible ‘Rocky Mountain’ cuisine served in the Mount Burgess Dining Room
For leisure and pleasure
- Fitness room, plus dry sauna and open air hot tub
- Boating and canoeing on the green waters of Emerald Lake
- Exploring the untouched wilderness of Yoho National Park
- Year-round accessibility for both winter and summer holidays
- Great hiking, biking and horse riding
- Summer gondola and photographic chair lift
- Winter sports include dog sledding, skiing and snowboarding, sleigh rides, snowshoeing and cross country skiing