Bald eagles. Great whales crashing into the mighty sea. Grizzly bears. Leaping salmon. When it comes to visitors, people are in the minority here.
When you talk about the great outdoors on Vancouver Island, the emphasis is on great. Make the Glenn Lyon Inn – one of the most revered on the entire island – the place to stay on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada and you will be in a prime position to make the most of it all.
You can set off in search of grizzly bears – or killer whales, porpoises, minkes and dolphins. You can fish for cod and salmon, or dive beneath the waves to discover a marine wonder world. You can hike through a national park, forests or along seemingly endless nature trails. And then you can relax in a welcoming hotel run by people who really understand the concept of helping guests enjoy every minute of their stay.
Glen Lyon Inn, at a glance
- Charming hotel in an impressive sea setting on Vancouver Island
- Choice of 44 recently refurbished rooms and suites, including: standard two bedrooms, kitchen units, rooms with king-sized and sofa beds, family and mini suites, kids suites
- Most feature private balconies with wonderful views
- Some suites have heart-shaped Jacuzzis, bar counters, fireplaces and king-sized beds
- Great restaurant with splendid views over the ocean
For leisure and pleasure
- Hiking in Cape Scott Provincial Park
- Great, year-round scuba diving
- Fishing charters for cod and salmon
- Grizzly bear expeditions
- Whale watching for killer whales, minke, dolphins and porpoises
- Kayaking, canoeing and water taxis
- Wildlife, forest and sight-seeing excursions
- Tours to beautiful San Joseph Bay
- Golf and shopping for locally made arts and crafts