The grand dame of Fairmont’s Canadian collection, this Châteauesque-style hotel impresses with its grandeur, traditionally decorated rooms and unbeatable location in the heart of the downtown Toronto.
When it first opened in 1929, the Royal York was the tallest building in the British Commonwealth. It has since hosted millions of visitors from around the world, with recent guests including members of the British Royal Family. Many original features have been retained throughout the years, including the magnificent hand-painted ceilings, the crystal chandeliers and the travertine pillars.
All rooms boast traditionally elegant décor and comfortable furnishings, whilst some enjoy views over Lake Ontario and the harbour. Fairmont Gold guests can take advantage of the use of an exclusive lounge, including complimentary continental breakfast, morning newspaper, coffee and tea throughout the day and canapés served at cocktail hour. Whether it's a simple snack or an entertaining meal, every kind of culinary desire can be satisfied at The Fairmont Royal York's six exceptional restaurants and four lounges.
Some of Montreal’s biggest attractions are just steps away, including Union Station and the theatre district, the beautiful harbour, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium of Canada and the CN Tower.
Fairmont Royal York, at a glance
- Grand old hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto, opposite Union Station
- Approximately 1,300 luxury and signature rooms and suites spread across 18 floors
- Interiors are traditionally styled with modern colours and classy maple furnishings
- Private marble-floored bathrooms with large showers and luxurious Le Labo amenities
- The Fairmont Gold 12th Floor offers a secluded reception and lounge area, continental breakfasts, pre-dinner hors d’oeuvres and a private concierge service
- Large and inviting lobby lounge with an Art Deco and railway-inspired theme
- World class restaurants and bars including Benihana’s only Japanese Steakhouse in Canada
For leisure and pleasure
- Take afternoon tea in the sumptuous Library Bar
- Full service spa and fitness centre complete with sauna and steam room
- Large indoor swimming pool and heated whirlpool
- Underground links to Union Station, allowing for easy exploration
- Within short distance of Toronto’s downtown attractions, including the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Scotiabank Arena and the Rogers Centre
- A complimentary shuttle bus is available for those travelling through Billy Bishop Airport