If you’re a fisherman, Wilderness North presents you with teeming rivers and lakes with lurking monsters. If you’re an adventurer, the ultimate outdoors experience in a boreal forest awaits.
For fishermen, Wilderness North offers a huge number of lodges so remote that they are reached by light aircraft. So you’ll be staying beside a choice of 250,000 lakes and 60,000 miles of rivers that are definitely under-visited, under-fished and over-stocked. Expect epic battles and large catches of monster-sized fish.
If you’re looking for a true outdoor adventure you’ll find that Wilderness North turns your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Canada into a mixture of escapism and exploration, exhilaration and relaxation. You’ll fly by float plane to a collection of first class lodges and well-furnished outpost cabins nestling in remote parts of the massive Northern Ontario boreal forest. Simply choose the adventure that most excites you, or choose to have a custom-made adventure created specifically for you.
Wilderness North, at a glance
- Collection of fishing lodges, outpost cabins and camping sites spread out across the vast Northern Ontario wilderness
- Accessed by light aircraft and boats
- Lodges typically comprise small collections of log cabins gathered around the main lodge
- Outposts usually offer cabins accommodating up to six visitors, washrooms with showers and many other home comforts
- Camping in cosy, modern tents
- Waterfront cabins with private lounges, bathrooms and daily housekeeping
- Hearty, expertly prepared food, barbecues and outdoor dining
For leisure and pleasure
- For fishing: Lund boats with electric start outboard motors
- Depth finders and GPS
- World class fly fishing and angling for a wide variety of species and prime specimens
- 250,000 lakes and 60,000 miles of rivers to explore
- For adventuring: Wilderness wildlife safaris
- White water experiences with highly rated guides
- Lodge-to-lodge paddling
- Northern Lights observation and star gazing
- Ultimate wilderness camping