A triumph of contemporary art and design, the Whitby Hotel is located in the heart of upper midtown Manhattan, just steps from Central Park and New York’s dining hotspots.
From the Whitby, you’ll find yourself in the midst of luxury boutiques, top restaurants and celebrated museums, including the prestigious MoMA. When you’re not exploring, you can catch a movie in the hotel’s state-of-the-art screening room or retreat to the comfort of the drawing room where you can recline in a plush sofa, book in hand, before a crackling fireplace. The hotel’s colourful restaurant, with its high ceilings, warehouse-style windows and adjacent orangery, is a wonderful place to unwind over dinner or cocktails.
The 86 guestrooms and suites that make up the accommodation are all furnished in a chic, contemporary English style with writing desks and king beds. Floor-to-ceiling windows look out over the Manhattan skyline. Bathrooms are beautifully decked out in either marble or granite and come complete with double basins and walk-in showers. Select rooms also enjoy the addition of private terraces.
The Whitby Hotel, at a glance
• Located in upper midtown Manhattan on West 56th Street at 5th Avenue
• 86 guestrooms and suites with interiors designed by Kit Kemp
• Modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, Bose Soundlink systems, Tivoli Radios, Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray DVD players
• Writing desks and king beds
• Floor-to-ceiling windows with Manhattan views
• All-day Whitby Bar and Restaurant and connecting orangery
For leisure and pleasure
• Located within easy reach of the city’s dining and shopping hotspots, as well as museums and galleries
• Traditional afternoon tea
• Private, fully equipped and air-conditioned gym
• State-of-the-art Whitby Theatre with 130 leather seats
• Beautifully appointed, book-lined guest drawing room