In summer Amangani – as its name suggests – is indeed a ‘peaceful home’ with rolling upland meadows amidst the majestic Rockies. But in winter the temperature changes dramatically.
Restful, tranquil and scenic, the clear blue skies and pure mountain air make Amangani a hiker’s paradise in summer. But take your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the USA in winter and you’ll find that this peaceful green haven has been transformed into a white wonderworld of crisp snow, irresistible downhill slopes and white peaks that openly challenge skiers from beginners to the most proficient adrenalin-seekers.
With over 2,470 acres of slopes, reliably covered in snow from the onset of winter until as late as April, you’ll be able to treat yourself to some of the best skiing to be had in the Rockies. Not to mention outstanding snowmobiling, snowshoeing and sleigh rides through some truly awe-inspiring scenery. An absolute must for winter sports fanatics and landscape photographers alike.
Amangani, at a glance
- Exclusive resort set in 1000 hectares of ski slopes on the edge of East Gros Ventre Butt
- Short drive from Jackson Hole Airport
- Wide choice of homes and suites combining the spirit of the American West with high end contemporary style
- Homes have four or five bedrooms, open living areas, jaw-dropping views and, typically, media rooms or workout studios
- Suites have high ceilings and massive picture windows revealing uninterrupted mountain views, plus terraces or balconies
- Redwood panelled restaurant serving ranch meats, fresh fish and seasonable vegetables, overlooking the spectacular Snake River Valley
For leisure and pleasure
- Large spa with four treatment rooms, two exercise studios and his-and-hers steam rooms
- Ski slopes ranging from beginner to professional
- Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, sleigh rides and dog-sledding arranged at the lodge
- Alpine and cross-country skiing
- Nature treks and guided tours
- White water rafting and fly fishing
- Photographic outings
- Direct flights to the resort in private, RYL jets