The elegant Resort at Pelican Hill brings a touch of the Italian Renaissance to sunny southern California with its stately columns, hand-cut mosaic tiles and striking Coliseum swimming pool.
Spectacularly perched on a hillside with sweeping, uninterrupted views of the gleaming Pacific Ocean, this highly acclaimed family resort is just an hours’ drive from Los Angeles. Strongly influenced by the architecture of the Italian Renaissance, the resort features timeless, Mediterranean-style landscaping replete with 100-year-old olive trees, Italian plaster and hand-made terra cotta finials. Indoor spaces open up seamlessly to the outdoors, with soothing ocean views at every turn.
Scattered throughout are the residential-style, tile-roofed bungalows and villas, each with cosy limestone fireplaces, marble baths, wood-beamed ceilings and private furnished terraces. During their stay, guests can enjoy an array of outdoor pursuits, from kayaking to hiking, horse-riding and surfing. The resort’s expansive Coliseum Pool - lined with one million glass mosaic tiles - is a real showpiece. Other facilities include two outstanding 18-hole golf courses and a plethora of dining options, including exquisite Italian cuisine at the Andrea and coastal Californian fare at the Pelican Grill.
The Resort at Pelican Hill, at a glance
• Stunning, 504-acre Mediterranean-style resort perched on a hillside in Newport, California
• Natural setting scattered with olive, cypress, fig and pine trees
• Inspired by the Italian Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio, the resort resembles a coastal Mediterranean village
• Sensational views of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island
• 204 one-storey bungalows with limestone fireplaces, ocean-view terraces, wood-beamed ceiling and marble baths
• 128 two, three and four-bedroom villas located in a gated enclave within the resort, complete with a private clubhouse, pool and butler service
• World-class amenities
• Five restaurants and cafes offering seasonal menus and ocean-view terraces
For leisure and pleasure
• A short drive from Crystal Cove Beach, a magnet for surfers and sun-seekers alike
• Enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving and whale watching nearby
• Huge circular swimming pool framed by colonnaded cabanas
• Two 18-hole Tom Fazio-designed golf course with jaw-dropping ocean views
• Expansive 23,000 square foot spa
• Sauna and hair salon
• Well-equipped fitness area
• Two kid’s clubs offering a wide range of activities