If Santa Barbara epitomises the California lifestyle, then Bacara Resort & Spa is the distilled essence of the sun-on-the-beach, style-on-the-street atmosphere of Santa Barbara.
Walk along the palm-lined boulevards, saunter out onto the pier towards the seafood restaurant – pelicans wheeling above your head – or jog along the two miles of natural beach with the Pacific Ocean lapping at your toes, and you are living the California lifestyle. To really exaggerate the experience, hire a convertible T-Bird (or a Harley) and drive along State 101, chasing the sun along the edge of the sea. Or specify a stay at the Bacara Resort & Spa.
Poised on the edge of Santa Barbara itself, with two miles of impeccable beach at your feet, the Bacara – with its Californian/Spanish architecture - will become a natural high point of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the USA. Turn your face to the sun and cue the Beach Boys.
Bacara Resort & Spa, at a glance
- Ultimately luxurious hotel poised on the edge of the ocean
- Just 10 minutes’ drive from Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Choice of 358 guest rooms and expansive suites
- All have private patios or balconies with ocean, garden or mountain views
- Totally renovated in a contemporary, designer-Spanish style
- Two poster platform beds and marbled en suite bathrooms
- Rooms have gas fireplaces whilst suites feature gas or wood-burning hearths
- Dining options include fine restaurants, bistros, cafés, bars and wine tasting room
For leisure and pleasure
- Three zero-edged swimming pools with sweeping views over the ocean
- Spa dedicated to beauty and renewal
- Fitness centre and four tennis courts
- Sun terrace with boma-style fire
- Verdant garden paths meandering down to two miles of natural beach, fringing the glorious Pacific
- 78 acres of exclusive, oceanfront gardens
- Scenic, Amtrak Surfliner rail trips to Los Angeles
- Three 18-hole championship golf courses within easy reach
- Horse riding, mountain biking, hiking, wine tasting and shopping excursions
- Surfing, kayaking and sailing