White marble columns, ornate balconies. A huge presence on the city’s famous Union Square. Small wonder the Westin St Francis has been a landmark since 1904.
Not just a landmark but a meeting place for San Franciscans. For over 100 years people have met beside the historic Magneta Grandfather Clock in the hotel’s awe-inspiring lobby. And now it’s your turn.
Stay in the Westin St Francis on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the USA and you can appreciate the most enduring – and endearing - features. The sense of style, the atmosphere of assured opulence, the quiet but all-embracing service. And, of course, the setting. San Francisco has grown up around the Union Square area, so today the city’s sights, the most prestigious shops, art galleries, museums and glamorous restaurants are easily reached. As are the Golden Gate Bridge and North Beach, by cable car, if you like, from outside the door.
The Westin St Francis, at a glance
- Immensely prestigious hotel standing on the City’s magnificent Union Square
- Superb modern amenities and services, encapsulated in a grand 1900s exterior
- Choice of spacious guestrooms and exquisite suites arranged over two major centres; the Tower and Landmark Buildings
- Tower Building accommodations are accessed via five glass lifts and have huge bay windows, many with commanding views over the city skyline, plus Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Bath features
- Landmark Building dates back to 1904 and offers period style, high ceilings, crystal chandeliers and ornate woodwork
- Two award winning restaurants plus the Clock Bar and Caruso’s
For leisure and pleasure
- The ideal base for experiencing San Francisco
- Cable cars run from Union Square, outside the front door
- AT&T Park is a short walk away
- The theatre district is only a block away
- Market Street is just three blocks and Nob Hill is four
- The financial district, Moscone Center, Sony Metreon, Yerba Buena Gardens and the Masonic Temple are all within six blocks
- The Civic Center and Ferry Building are 10 blocks away
- The Transamerica Pyramid, North Beach, Lombard Street, Monster Park, Sausalito and the world famous Golden Gate Bridge are all easily accessible
- Westin Workout gym