A faithfully restored royal palace, this exquisite Four Seasons hotel stands amongst St Petersburg’s most iconic landmarks in the historic Admiralteysky District.
With an entrance guarded by two marble lions, the Four Seasons Lion Palace immediately transports its guests to the regal grandeur of Imperial Russia. The palatial rooms and suites have been beautifully restored to their 19th century splendour while maintaining an airy, contemporary feel. Many boast spectacular views of the city’s historical landmarks - Saint Isaac's Cathedral, Alexandrovsky Garden and the Admiralty - through large picture windows.
Of the extensive facilities, the headlining attractions remain the award-winning, four-level Luceo Spa. Set within one of the palace’s original courtyards, guests can expect eight treatment rooms, a glass-roofed relaxation pool and Russian-style saunas. When it comes to dining, the hotel has two sought-after restaurants, Italian Percoso and Japanese Sintoho, as well as a glass-roofed Tea Lounge where champagne, caviar and Russian delicacies are served. The library-inspired Xander Bar is the place for expertly prepared seasonal cocktails. Meanwhile, the hotel’s concierge is on hand to help you get access to the city’s finest attractions.
Four Seasons Lion Palace, at a glance
• Grand hotel set within a 19th century royal palace in the historic Admiralteysky District
• The former mansion of Prince Alexey Lobanov-Rostovsky
• Prime location just behind St Isaac’s Square
• Spectacular lobby with white columns, barrel vault ceilings and a sweeping granite staircase
• 157 rooms and 26 suites with custom-built furnishings and high ceilings
• Marble-clad bathrooms with tubs and separate rainforest showers
• Fifth-floor Terrace Rooms boast private terraces with heated floors
• Two contemporary restaurants serving Asian and Italian delicacies, and a stylish cocktail bar
For leisure and pleasure
• Within steps of iconic landmarks such as the State Hermitage, Winter Palace, Mariinskiy Theatre, Kazan Cathedral and Mikhailovsky Castle
• A fully-equipped fitness centre with personal trainers upon request
• Private transfers courtesy of the hotel’s BMW limousine fleet
• Bright and airy glass-roofed tea lounge
• Concierge with Les Clefs d’Or training
• Sublime four-level spa with eight treatment rooms, a Russian-style sauna and a vitality pool
• Wine cellar and private dining room