With enchanting views over Lake Rwanyakazinga, Magashi Camp is a comfortable and inviting gateway into one of Rwanda’s most beautiful national parks.
Just six airy tents, each with an undisturbed lake view, form this intimate Rwandan safari camp. Between activities, the raised main area beckons with its swimming pool, elegant lounge, dining and bar area. Interiors are tasteful and contemporary, with a design inspired by traditional Rwandan culture. The expansive viewing deck, complete with a bonfire, offers guests serene lake views and a peaceful space in which to relax.
As well as an abundance of plains game, Akagera is home to healthy numbers of lion and black rhino who were reintroduced to the park in recent years. Lying within its own private concession area, guests of Magashi are able to enjoy both day and night game drives - a great way to spot more elusive nocturnal creatures. Boating safaris on Lake Rwanyakazinga are also available and provide wonderful sightings of water birds and other aquatic animals.
With more than 500 species recorded, Akagera is a paradise for birdwatchers, with expert guides on hand to help you spot rare varieties like the shoebill stork.
Magashi Camp, at a glance
- Wilderness Safaris’ lakeside tented camp set in the northeastern section of Akagera National Park
- Idyllic wilderness teeming with hippo, crocodile, antelope and birds
- Located in its own 14,800-acre private concession area
- Six spacious tents overlooking Lake Rwanyakazinga
- Ensuite bathroom facilities
- Luxurious lounge, dining and bar area with lake views
- Architecture and interiors that draw inspiration from traditional Rwandan culture
For leisure and pleasure
- Day and night game drives in open 4x4 vehicles with professional guides
- Boating safaris on the lake in eight-seater swamp cruisers
- Catch-and-release fishing
- Guided bird walks with rangers
- Cooling swimming pool on the sundeck
- Bonfire deck lounge with views over the lake