A tranquil haven in the midst of the bustling city, the Savoy Hotel Yangon impresses with its colonial-style rooms, fantastic fusion restaurant and attentive service and impressive views.
Moments from the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda, which dominates the Yangon skyline at 326-feet, the Savoy Hotel Yangon is a polished colonial hotel with a wonderfully picturesque location. Each of its 30 rooms and suites are individually furnished in the style of the “days of old” with traditional Myanmar antiques and teak furniture. Bathrooms are lavishly appointed and spacious.
There is a tranquil pool and lounge area, wonderfully shaded by ancient trees, providing the perfect respite from the bustling city streets. Take a refreshing dip in the pool before ending the day with dinner at the fabulous Kipling’s Restaurant which serves an enticing fusion of Asian and Western cuisine. Otherwise, you can enjoy traditional French bistro dishes at Le Bistrot, delicious cakes at Café Yangon and cocktails at the iconic Captain’s Bar.
Savoy Hotel Yangon, at a glance
- Small heritage property and one of the city’s most captivating boutique hotels
- Formerly a private residence
- Situated in a calm, leafy residential area just 10 minutes’ drive from the city centre
- 30 air conditioning rooms including six suites
- Combination of traditional heritage, beautiful Myanmar antiques, local fabrics and teak furniture
- Spacious, modern bathrooms
- Kipling’s Restaurant serves fine fusion dishes complimented by a view of the Shwedagon Pagoda
- Traditional European bistro dishes at Le Bistrot
- Cocktails at Captain’s Bar and cakes at Café Yangon
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfectly situated within steps of the Shwedagon Pagoda and People’s Park
- Courtyard pool with sundeck and lounge area shaded by verdant trees
- Massage and beauty treatments
- 24-hour room service
- Indoor gym