There’s so much to see and do that you won’t want to waste time travelling. The Mandarin Oriental, on Marina Bay, puts you at the heart of everything.
The infinite variety of glitzy stores, designer boutiques and fashionable stores along (and surrounding) Orchard Road are near. Forum Shopping Mall, Tangs, Scotts Square, Wisma Atria and Mandarin Gallery are all close by. The fascinating fish and herb markets in the Chinatown Complex on Smith Street, and the Cantonese roast meat and noodle stalls - the ‘real Singaporean’ restaurants - are just a stone’s throw away.
The delicately intertwined culture of the Peranakan people – inspired by Malay, Indian, Chinese and Indonesian influences – can be seen in the stunning silk and glass-bead embroidery, porcelain and jewellery in the nearby Peranakan Museum. And a 100-hectare park – Gardens by the Bay – is also easily accessible from Mandarin Oriental. Reason enough to make it part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Singapore.
Mandarin Oriental, at a glance
- Five star luxury hotel on Marina Bay, opposite Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- Set in the heart of the main dining and entertaining district
- Choice of 468 guest accommodations, including 59 glamorous suites
- All with light-flooding, floor-to-ceiling windows giving breath-taking views over the harbour, ocean or city
- Designer bathrooms, many with separate baths and walk-in showers
- Leading entertainment and broadband systems
- Selection of five excellent restaurants serving food including Italian, Cantonese, Japanese and seafood specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- 25 metre outdoor pool and children’s pool
- Spa that offers Fragrant Pearl treatments, massage and revitalisation programmes
- State-of-the-art fitness centre and gym with personal trainers
- Easy access to the cultural, shopping and sightseeing opportunities of Singapore
- Local speciality cookery classes
- Yoga lessons