One of the best ways to explore Patagonia’s spectacular coastline is to join an expedition cruise aboard the M/V Stella Australis.
Built for these waters, M/V Stella Australis has en suite cabins, all with panoramic windows, and a range of amenities providing passengers with every comfort.
Cruises, which last 3 or 4 nights, sail between the Chilean port of Punta Arenas and Ushuaia in Argentine Tierra del Fuego. The circuitous journey through the Straits of Magellan and the glaciers of the Beagle Channel to Cape Horn, offers a dramatic insight into this vast and challenging wilderness whose place names - Last Hope Sound, Desolation Island - evoke the struggles of early explorers.
Cruceros Australis, at a glance
- M/V Stella Australis offers spacious cabins with plush bedding
- Total of 100 cabins, holding up to 210 passengers
- Comfortable Sky Lounge
- Observation decks
- Fine dining
Click here to download M/V Stella Australis deck plans and specific suite details
Where will Cruceros Australis cruises take you?
- Discover Patagonia: 3 nights, Ushuaia - Punta Arenas
- Fjords of Tierra Del Fuego: 4 nights, Punta Arenas - Ushuaia
- Gauchos, Glaciers and Penguins: 5 nights, Punta Arenas round trip
- Darwin's Route from Ushuaia: 7 nights, round trip
- Darwin's Route from Punta Arenas: 7 nights, round trip
Senior Travel Consultant, Nabila Cash, sailed with Cruceros Australis in 2011 - read her travel blog, In Patagonia.