Stay at Estancia El Colibri and you’ll gain a glimpse into a traditional Argentinean estancia dating back 100 years. Together with some more modern and equally profound experiences.
Here you can learn to ride a horse from people who have been in the saddle almost before they could walk. You can discover the skills and exhilaration of polo, or trek through the surrounding tracts of untouched wilderness on horseback. Or you can ride a mountain bike across rugged terrain, or walk with an expert guide through a landscape rich in flora and fauna – and watch birdlife that includes iridescent humming birds and wheeling raptors.
Make El Colibri a destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Argentina and you’ll also be able to savour the lifestyle of an authentic estancia - built at the turn of the last century - with gabled colonial-style architecture and dark parquet flooring, complemented by modern additions like a swimming pool and spa.
Estancia El Colibri, at a glance
- Fine, colonial-style estancia surrounded by dramatic scenery
- Set against a backdrop of the Sierras de Cordoba
- Choice of suites and deluxe guest rooms, all with interior design that reflects the traditional estancia’s style
- Deluxe rooms offer twin or king-size beds, large en suite bathrooms, armchairs and open fireplaces
- Suites typically have private terraces with a garden lounge, two fireplaces and charming en suite bathrooms
- Eye-stretching views over the countryside
- Culinary experiences include La Table du Colibri and the Clu House, plus asado – unmissable Argentinean barbecues – and lunch in the garden or beside the river
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool with glorious sun decks
- Spa offering massage, yoga and a well-equipped gym
- Wilderness tours through forests, plains and rivers on horseback, accompanied by genuine gauchos
- Polo and riding lessons for beginners
- Working farm with cattle, sheep and hens, plus extensive orchards and vegetable gardens
- Superb bird watching with over 170 different species found locally
- Mountain biking through the landscapes of the Cordoba range