A traditionally-styled Argentine lodge poised, like an eagle, on a cliff giving unparalleled views over the Patagonian countryside, the snow-capped Andes and mesmerising Lake Nahuel Huapi.
The final stage of your journey to Isla Victoria Lodge builds your expectations. Your boat glides out of the port of Tunquelen and into the lake that is going to feature so largely in the scenery of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Argentina. Lake Nahuel Huapi twinkles in the clear sunlight as you cruise ever closer to Victoria Island, its reflections echoing the surrounding landscapes as you enter Anchorena Bay.
Then the island is in front of you and you land at a private pier on Playa del Toro. Above you is your destination – Isla Victoria Lodge. Here you’ll be wrapped in an atmosphere of quiet tranquillity that encourages you to relax, revel in your surroundings and enjoy views that stretch out to a horizon dominated by snowy mountains.
Isla Victoria Lodge, at a glance
- Beautifully recreated Argentine lodge perched high above Lake Nahuel Huapi
- Glorious setting near Playa del Toro
- Choice of 20 spacious rooms and two suites
- Corner windows give extensive views over the forest and the lake
- Elegant white en suite bathrooms featuring semi-circular bath tubs
- Comfortable and stylish furnishings
- Excellent restaurant offering a seasonal, Mediterranean-style menu using fresh regional produce, plus bar
- Extensive wine ‘cava’ hidden away in the rocky basement
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor, heated swimming pool with sun deck for relaxation
- Whirlpool bath and sauna
- Massage room
- Lounge featuring a cosy fireplace
- Home theatre, plus library-cum-music room
- Cycling and horse riding
- Rowing on the lake and swimming
- Hiking expeditions to discover the natural beauty, flora and fauna of Nahuel Huapi National Park, accompanied by expert mountain and wilderness guides
- Trips to reveal the history of the island and the cultures of its ancient peoples