Modern in design, yet built to be strongly dependent on the traditions, colours and materials of the local area, Las Marias manages to pull off that difficult trick of being both stylish and warmly welcoming. Its rough-hewn stone walls and terra cotta rendering enable it to appear at one with the rugged beauty of La Quebrada de Humahuaca’s grand mountains and plunging valleys – whilst enclosing some wonderful features. A double height living room, for example, with fireplaces on each level and a semi-enclosed deck for soaking up the sun – or the fantastic views.
Not to mention a setting that invites you to explore. You’ll discover multi-coloured hills, a colossal conoid torrenticio, the town of Tilcara, quaint churches, fascinating museums of art and archaeology and jaw-dropping scenery.
Las Marias, at a glance
- Dramatic setting just a few blocks from Tilcara’s central square, at the heart of La Quebrada de Humahuaca
- Attractive walled garden
- Just 12 rooms comprising 10 spacious guest rooms and two expansive suites
- All with separate terraces offering stunning views
- Double height living room with viewing deck
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool
- Well equipped gym and massage service
- Tilcara main square just three blocks away
- Fine church and interesting archaeological and local museums plus art and sculpture galleries, within easy walking distance
- Excursions to Garganta del Diablo, lake and caves and the sights of Juella, Los Colorados, Huacalera, Sumay Pacha and many others