Experience life as a gaucho in Cordoba, Argentina, and stay on a working cattle ranch – activities include polo, riding, picnics, birding and more.
It’s true, Los Potreros did begin as a 16th century stud, breeding mules for work in the Peruvian silver mines. But today it offers you one of the most amiable ways possible of experiencing the real cowboy lifestyle. Los Potreros is a working cattle ranch as well as a glorious holiday destination.
So you can expect to ride some of the finest horses in the entire region. You can experience the working life of the ranch, and watch round ups with the gauchos. Or you can settle back and explore the beautiful countryside at your own pace. Bird watching, taking scenic photographs, discovering the area’s fascinating flora and fauna or immersing yourself in the local culture. And, of course, revelling in the open hospitality of an estancia that has been worked by four generations of the same family.
Los Potreros, at a glance
- An exclusive 6,500 acre organic working cattle ranch, perched high on the Sierra Chicas
- Rooms for just 12 guests
- Individually decorated in the authentic estancia tradition
- Private en suite bathrooms
- Wood-burning stoves and fireplaces
- Homemade food including European, barbecues and local dishes using estancia produce
- Wine tastings a speciality
For leisure and pleasure
- Great swimming pool
- Polo playing a speciality here
- Trail riding to a wide variety of natural habitats
- Excellent bird watching and fascinating flora and fauna
- Cattle station visits • Picnics and swimming in rock pools
- Cultural expeditions to homesteads, local churches and schools
- Walks to the ‘top of the world’
- History tours to various sites in Cordoba