Sucre will have sweet memories for you, if you’re a lover of colonial architecture, gracious buildings gathered around serene town squares and the elegance of a bygone era.
Terracotta and red tiled roofs. White walls reflecting clear sunlight. Arches, colonnades and decorative churches with ornate spires. An atmosphere of quiet sleepiness during the day, coming to life in the cool of the evening with busy streets and outdoor cafes. Put Parador Santa Maria La Real on your tailor-made holiday to Bolivia and not only will you be staying at the heart of it all, you’ll be living it.
The Parador is a beautiful and sensitive renovation of a grand 18th century mansion house. So you can expect to find yourself surrounded by graceful arches, cool white corridors with exposed brick ceilings, grand staircases, a traditional dining room, sensational blue courtyard, glorious roof terrace and bedrooms that echo the quaint style of the colonial era.
Parador Santa Maria La Real, at a glance
- A beautifully restored Parador in the centre of old Sucre
- A choice of just 23 guest rooms, including six simple rooms, 13 doubles, three junior suites and one sumptuous master suite
- Simple rooms typically feature canopied beds, good bathrooms and courtyard views
- Suites have large beds, sitting areas and grand bathrooms, plus balconies
- All rooms have modern comforts like TV and WiFi
- Expansive Los Oidires dining room serving fine regional specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Glass-roofed spa with hydro-massage Jacuzzi, exercise equipment and massage
- Subterranean Watanay featuring ancient rooms and passages dating to before 1722
- Vaulted lobby, blue and red courtyards for relaxation
- Superb access to the attractions of Sucre
- Sight seeing, restaurants, bars, charming squares, shops, markets, museums and galleries, churches and historic buildings are all on your doorstep