You are surrounded by the mighty Amazon. Eyes closed, day dreaming in your hammock, you can hear its constant cacophony. Even during the night it calls you.
Taking a jungle walk through the leafy world of the Amazon rainforest - or quietly paddling your canoe along meandering channels to discover vast lakes – are experiences you’re not likely to ever forget. But perhaps even more enthralling are the night-time expeditions you’ll take with an experienced guide, to encounter the nocturnal creatures of the forest. Roosting birds, silent sloths, snakes and alligators.
Make sure you stay at Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Brazil and you’ll have the magnificent Rio Negro at your feet. You’ll have fantastic views of the surrounding forest and superb access to the Parque Nacional de Anavilhanas. You’ll also be in the lap of luxury – Anavilhanas is chic, supremely comfortable and in a superb position to let you experience the amazing Amazon.
Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge, at a glance
- Exclusive, stylish jungle lodge on the edge of Rio Negro
- Only 180 km from Manaus
- Choice of 16 standard cottages, four superior bungalows and two panoramic bungalows
- Cottages have an in-the-jungle feel, en suite shower rooms and balconies with hammocks
- Bungalows have single, double or triple rooms, great views and balconies with two hammocks
- Panoramic bungalows feature glass walls offering superb views of the rainforest, plus living rooms and bathrooms with hot tubs
- Stylish restaurant serving local and international specialities, and a bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Premier base for exploring Parque Nacional de Anavilhanas
- Swimming pool overlooking Rio Negro and its picturesque islands
- Soaring observation deck giving towering views of the Anavilhanas Archipelago
- Floating deck on the Rio Negro
- Variety of Amazon tours, including expeditions around waterways, islands and lakes
- Night safaris into the forest
- Guided hikes through dryland forests
- Encounters with pink river dolphins
- Piranha fishing and canoeing
- Great birdwatching and sunrise trips
- Visits to local communities and markets
- Traditional archery classes