Set in the exuberant city of Salvador, Pestano Convento is a tranquil oasis behind beautiful 16th century walls.
There is no doubt about it, Salvador is a city with zing. This former capital of Brazil certainly lives up to its reputation as the ‘City of Joy’. You can easily become engulfed in its exuberant carnival, sparkling nightlife and myriad sights, markets, museums, galleries, impossibly decorative churches, historic forts and high energy music venues.
You may also need a retreat, and Pestana Convento is that sanctuary. Behind its 16th century stone walls, you’ll find an atmosphere of peace and serenity that seems to have percolated down from the time of the Carmelite Friars. But that is not to say that Convento is old fashioned. It may have a long past, but its amenities and luxuries are truly 21st century, and its levels of service are second to none.
Pestana Convento do Carmo, at a glance
- Unrivalled location in the heart of Salvador
- Close to the old town Pelourinho
- Choice of 60 fine apartments, plus 19 suites including one splendid Master suite
- All with en suites, city views and refinements like air conditioning and digital safes
- Stylish, traditional fusion décor
- Elegant restaurant with tiled murals, serving traditional Portuguese cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool
- Spa offering a wide range of holistic therapies and treatments
- Fitness centre and gym
- Library and reading room
- TV and video room
- City tours arranged