Splendid isolation can still be found. At Picinguaba, you can stay in a tiny, exclusive hotel without even a road – just a beach, and a forest setting.
Your expectation will mount as the road peters out. You’ll find yourself on a three kilometre stretch of protected beach, surrounded by tropical coastal forest that is part of the fabled mountain ranges of Serra do Mar.
Walk to your hotel – the road does not take you there – and your expectation will be fulfilled. Make Picinguaba part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Brazil and you will be able to stay in a remote, but extremely chic, hotel overlooking a picture-perfect bay. And you will feel as if you have the place to yourself. Picinguaba has only nine guest rooms, and there is no other hotel within a radius of 30 km. So personal service, and the space to enjoy the setting to the full, is virtually guaranteed.
Picinguaba, at a glance
- Exclusive boutique hotel, tucked away in a coastal forest
- 30 minutes drive from Paraty
- Just nine rooms that open onto natural surroundings and the sea
- All with private balconies and hammocks
- Honeymoon suite with breathtaking ocean views and en suite Jacuzzi
- No TV, room phones or internet to disturb your tranquillity
- Organic, home-produced food including coffee, honey, bread, plus locally-sourced produce and seafood
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful swimming pool with laid back sun deck
- Three kilometres of protected beach
- Swimming in the glorious ocean
- Walking tracks through unspoiled coastal rainforest
- Explore the mountain ranges of Serra do Mar
- 30 minutes from the UNESCO listed World Heritage town of Paraty, with its restored architecture, colourful market, art and numerous festivals
- Easy Access to Ubatuba for excellent bird watching and cultural visits