Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa enjoys an enviable shoreline location on the mythical, World Heritage-listed Easter Island.
Everything at the Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa is designed to reflect the island’s rich culture and serene natural beauty. Inspired by the Orongo ceremonial village at the southwestern tip of the island, the hotel’s striking architecture is one of curved stone walls, Polynesian prints, wooden pillars and grass-topped roofs. A lounge shaped like an ancestral boathouse, and large windows that let in plenty of natural light, complete the unique design.
With their handmade clay tubs, volcanic stone-framed beds and cypress-lined ceilings, the hotel’s 75 guestrooms and suites are equally imbued with the energy of the island. Each has its own terrace with impressive ocean view attached. In the spa, treatments employ natural ingredients found on the island, whilst the two restaurants serve dishes flavoured with the spices of Polynesia. The geometric pool is the largest on the island, perfect for a refreshing afternoon dip after touring the area’s remarkable archaeological sites.
Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa, at a glance
- Luxury Easter Island hotel located in the main town of Hanga Roa
- Designed inspired by the traditional style of the indigenous Rapa Nui people
- 75 guestrooms and suites with minimalist decor, grass-covered roofs and dark stone walls
- Stylish interiors by Chilean designer Paula Gutierrez
- Private terraces overlooking the ocean
- Bathrooms feature volcanic rock-carved washbasins, handmade clay tubs and circular mosaic-tiled showers
- Sustainability focussed with the use of solar panels and wind turbines
- Two restaurants, Poerava and Kaloa, and a poolside bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Friendly, courteous service
- Expansive spa offering modern wellness treatments overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Boasts the largest outdoor swimming pool on the island
- Guided Easter Island excursions
- Relax on Anakena Beach
- Comfortable, boat-shaped lounge with a reading room
- Bike hire
- Horseback riding and scuba diving opportunities