You’re streaming down the side of a mountain, a tiny figure picked out against a huge expanse of pure white. The deep, powder snow flashing beneath your skis.
There are two vital components to a glorious skiing holiday. The enigmatic, snow-covered mountain that invites you to hurl yourself down its slopes on a limitless surge of pure adrenalin. And the Aprés – your chance to ease the aching muscles, relive the day and indulge in some excellent cuisine and warming wine.
Choose Ski Portillo for your luxury, tailor-made skiing holiday to Chile, and both criteria will be met and exceeded. Snow-wise the figures speak for themselves: 1235 acres of skiing terrain, 14 lifts taking you to 35 runs, off-piste challenges, heli-skiing and any number of bowls and shoots to collect exactly the right sort of snow. Complemented by a resort that has 60 years of experience in welcoming visitors to stylish and sophisticated luxury.
Ski Portillo, at a glance
- Established ski resort nestling 9,450 feet above sea level
- Just over 100 miles from Santiago
- Wide choice of accommodation, including: single and double rooms, spacious suites, family apartments, Octagon and Inca lodges and a variety of chalets
- Most have stunning views of the lake or mountain slopes, from large picture windows
- Many have private balconies, dressing areas and living rooms
- Choice of restaurants nearby, including Tio Bob’s and the Ski Box for excellent Aprés
For leisure and pleasure
- Range of 35 ski runs; 15% suitable for beginners, 30% for intermediates, 30% for advanced and 25% for expert skiers
- 1235 acres of terrain served by 35 lifts
- Challenging and steep off-piste runs
- Heli-skiing available to pristine powder snow
- White above-the-treeline landscapes
- Beginners and intermediate slopes groomed nightly
- Yoga and stretching room
- Activities include races, torchlight parades and children’s events